Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Giorgio Tozzi (January 8, 1923-May 30, 2011); Ketelsen sets up tribute page

Kyle Ketelsen & Giorgio Tozzi
Word has quickly spread in the opera world that the great bass-baritone and teacher Giorgio Tozzi has died. We don't have an obituary yet. However, Kyle Ketelsen, who was taught by Tozzi at Indiana University, has set up a tribute page on his website.

Ketelsen can next be seen from June 9-11 in Haydn's "Harmoniemesse" with the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra. Click HERE for additional information. His next operatic performance is at the Liceu in Barcelona where he will reprise his sexy Escamillo in Bizet's "Carmen." Performances run from July 21-30.



Click HERE for an official obituary of Giorgio Tozzi.

Contact us at Barihunks@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this tribute page on your site, Kyle. Mr. Tozzi was the best teacher I have ever had. I learned a lot about singing under his tutelage at Indiana University. I will never forget the day he told me that it would be an honor to have me as one of his students when I auditioned back in the spring of 1993. The joy I had for singing was never so great as when I studied with him. He will be missed.

    Neil Netherly

    ReplyDelete