Henk Neven, who we recently introduced to American audiences, has been nominated for a presitigious Gramophone Award in the category of "Solo Vocal." Neven was nomintated for his recording of Carl Loewe's "Ballades" and Robert Schumann's Liederkreis with Hans Eijsackers on piano. The winners, including the prestigious Recording of the Year, will be unveiled on October 6 at London's Dorchester Hotel.
Other nominees in the category are:
- Richard Rodney Bennett Songs with Sophie Daneman, Susan Bickley and Iain Burnside
- Benjamin Britten's "Songs & Proverbs of William Blake" with Gerald Finley
- George Butterworth's "A Shropshire Lad" and other songs with Roderick Williams
- Richard Strauss lieder with Diana Damrau
- Hugo Wolf's "Italienisches Liederbuch" with Christoph Prégardien
Neven has yet to make his U.S. debut.
Contact us at Barihunks@gmail.com