Garland also has two performances of Handel's Messiah on the calendar. He'll be performing the piece with the Boston Baroque on December 9 and 10 and then with the Colorado Bach Ensemble on December 17 and 18.
A few fun facts about redheads:
- The highest concentration of redheads is in Scotland (13%) followed by Ireland (10%). Worldwide, only 2% of the population has red hair.
- People with red hair are likely more sensitive to pain.
- Redheads are more likely to be left handed. Both characteristics come from recessive genes, which like to come in pairs.
- Bees have been proven to be more attracted to redheads.
- Men with red hair are 54% less likely to develop prostate cancer
- Redheads have less hair than most other people, averaging 90,000 strands of hair compared to the average of 140,000. However, red hair is typically thicker so they it looks just as full.
|William Berger, Jonathan Estabrooks, Gregory Gerbrandt & Duncan Rock (clockwise top L)|
Here is what some other barihunk redheads are up to:
- William Berger will be singing Marcello in Puccini's La bohéme at Opera de Rouen next season.
- Jonathan Estabrooks will perform Clara & Jonathan/Crossover to Love aboard the Sea Princess Cruise Liner leaving from Brisbane, Australia.
- Duncan Rock is performing the title role in Mozart's Don Giovanni at the Glyndebourne Festival through December 9th (opposite the Leporello of fellow barihunk Brandon Cedel).
- Gregory Gerbrandt opens tonight as Jim Larkens in Puccini's La fanciulla del West at Opera Colorado.