Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bari-Chunk to Bari-Hunk Edwin David Vargas López


Our latest inspirational bari-chunk to bari-hunk transformation is Puerto Rican Edwin David Vargas López. We saw him at the Nevada Opera last year where he was singing with Michael Mayes, who was our original bari-chunk to bari-hunk post

Mayes has inspired scores of singers to care for their bodies as well as they take care of their voices. Vargas credits Mayes for his amazing transformation and dedication to fitness training. "While I was covering barihunk Michael Mayes, he told me that my career wasn't the way I wanted because of my size and that I had a great voice and I should lose weight!," Vargas told us. "This advice changed my life because now I have a new lifestyle. I feel my voice easier. On stage I can move my body without feeling tired. Generally I feel secure!"

Michael Mayes and Edwin David Vargas López
Vargas is currently getting his Masters Degree at the City University of New York (CUNY), where he has sung Ford in Verdi's Falstaff and Don Alvaro in Rossini's Il viaggio a Reims. He graduated from the Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico, where he sang Don Giovanni at the Opera Workshop , Schaunard in Puccini's La boheme, Count Almaviva in Marriage of Figaro, Dandini Rossini's La Cenerentola and King Melchior in Menotti's Amahl and the Night Visitors

He has participated in the International Vocal Arts Institute in Chiari, Italy and Puerto Rico. He made his American debut with Nevada Opera in their production of Puccini's Madame Butterfly as Yamadori and Sharpless, returning later to perform in their aforementioned Don Giovanni. In 2012, he sang a concert in Carnegie Hall with Remarkable Theater Brigade.

On December 6 and 7, he will sing Nick Shadow in Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress at the Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College. Tickets are available online.
Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College
Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College
Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College
.

No comments:

Post a Comment